Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Solids and Liquids

We have been posting a lot of flowers and plants, seasons, birds and butterflies. Maybe we should rest our eyes and minds for a while. Come let's go swimming, beach hopping, or just tide watching. Most of the time we post water with sunrises or sunsets, but have we posted the sea as is?

Our country is an archipelago, which means we have a lot of islands; that is at least 7,100 islands. That means thousands and thousands of beaches, waters, cliffs, and rocks. That also means diving spots, marine sanctuaries, marine biodiversity, and a lot more! We have all the sizes and colors of sands in beaches. Boracay boasts of powdery white sands and wide pristine beaches. Nasugbu delights its visitors with pristine, magical black sands. Anilao prides on marine biodiversity and amazing dive spots. Cebu and Bohol also have white normal sands on their beaches, bigger textures than Boracay in addition to dive spots. Other beaches have their own magic and pleasures, no two beaches are alike. Whale watching (butanding) is also a famous summer activity in Bicol. And with the length of our beaches, we will not be able to visit half of them in one lifetime. I will just be giving you some samples, only those ready in my files. But these are not the best, i tell you, trust me!

the first 3 photos are from Malimatoc, Mabini, Batangas



Above and below: Batanes, Northern Philippines



Anilao, Mabini, Batangas (Isla Sombrero)

Bago City, Negros Occidental

This is linked to Watery Wednesday and Outdoor Wednesday


 OW_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb[2]

29 comments:

  1. I could not leave a comment through Blotanical, so I came the direct way. Your images are beautiful. You really live in a great place with all that sky, sand and sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea,

    I really liked the first photo, so calming. So you have been holding all this back. Enjoyed very much my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful views of coastlines! I like to feel the sea breeze and hear the wave sounds from there. Must be really wonderful :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the last photo; playful & pretty.

    The 2nd last one looks fierce and a little frightening.

    Maybe we should have a word game. Post a photo and each of us come up with adjectives... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful views Andrea! I do miss the Philippines, I have childhood memories of visiting Anilao.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is this where paradise lies Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh goodness your country is beautiful! So much to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Intrigued by the swirling patterns in the waves on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, those photos are so cool! I love that swirling deep blue. 7100 islands? Do you think people there take the water for granted or dislike the water?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're lucky living somewhere so beautiful.
    I joined your blog-followers so look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Each area seems so different, yet each is beautiful. Love that last shot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The one coastal shot with the boy and the animal (a pony? a sheep?) looks very much like the California coast!

    IT DOESN’T TAKE AN OCEAN

    It doesn’t take an ocean
    Or a mighty sea,
    A simple little raindrop
    Is enough for me!

    I also like the jewels
    Scattered in the grass
    After summer thunderstorms
    Soak the earth and pass.

    And then there’s perspiration
    Clinging to a nose—
    A sign of honest labor,
    Or so I suppose!

    Wonderful, most wonderful,
    Are the seven seas,
    But give me downy snowflakes
    Clinging to the trees!


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Papaoneone Beach

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved all the photos, Andrea. The patterns on swirling waters...so beautifully captured! Lucky to be surrounded by such beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are blessed to live in such a beautiful area! Awesome photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful series!
    I am glad to see the views.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for a peak at your beaches! Your photos are striking and make me aware of how precious our great planet is. I love the variety of beaches you show. My state has pure white sandy beaches, stretching for miles with no rocks at all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such pretty locations. 7100 islands!? Wow! Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing! How blessed you are to live surrounded in such beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a wonderful place! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  20. your photo of Batanes coast is breathtaking! a friend was inviting me to go a newly opened resort in Mabini, couldn't remember the name.:(

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks everybody for making time to come here and leave your feelings for my post!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your watery shots. Perfect for the theme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm jealous! I'd love to have even one beach somewhat nearby. Just changed my background :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like being introduced to new places. Thanks very much for sharing about one about which I know little.

    ReplyDelete
  25. makes me want to go skinny dipping. errrr. maybe not... lol

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such beautiful scenery. Wish I was there right now.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I especially like the last image of the tiny plant. Phillipines looks like the most beautiful place in the whole wide world. Personally I have never been there.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  28. All the shots are very well taken. I especially like the last 3. I think it is refreshing to see scenery like these for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  29. All beautiful shots-the last two are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me to post more, and our conversations make life and gardening more meaningful.

However, Anonymous comments and personal back links give me problems, so i don't publish them. Anonymous + back links = SPAM = DELETE

Related Posts with Thumbnails