Thursday, July 3, 2014

Rains At Last!

The much awaited rainy season has arrived. In previous years,  May is the start of the rainy season, but this year some rains dropped in June although not as plenty as in previous years. It is already July but the heat is still high; rains do not come every afternoon, and plants are still thirsty. I guess the clouds are still not yet very heavy, or winds are not carrying them in our direction. Nevertheless, my 5th Floor Window scenes changed dramatically. However, yesterday i purposely went home early, yet the west horizon is closed with thick black clouds. I didn't bother to shoot as the sunset is not visible at all.   These are a few shoots for the past few days.

clouds trying to group themselves

i love it when the sun's color can still peep through, as fiery as this

some afternoons, the clouds are just laid back, resting

sometimes color is different just like this

And when my horizon looks like this, i immediately get my plants from outside the window. In a few minutes heavy rains will be here, and my pets might die! It is not a lovely sunset photo, but we sorely need this for our plants, and for ourselves to walk outside in slight comfort. Rains cool the environment so quickly, as well as my tired disposition. Rains, rains, rains, please come more often! 

17 comments:

  1. Now that I am so far away from the home country, I look back at the many rainy seasons I experienced back home and saw the beauty of them, especially since California never seem to get substantial rainfall at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sunset photos are beautiful, but I hope you do get more rains soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear that the rains have started. I can't imagine not having rain for so long. We are on holiday in Spain just now enjoying the heat and no rain!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sky pictures, Andrea... I too love to take sky pictures when there is rain around... GORGEOUS.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those 2nd and 3rd shots are stunning Andrea - thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful skies! Sorry to say it will probably be quite a while before I get to see any rain here in S CA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the variety of your sky shots.
    JM, Illinois-U.S.A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rain can be such a welcome respite during the hot summer months. You captured some lovely sunsets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous colors! Love to see the changes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see it is raining and coloring the sky with gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely sunset photos, we had 4 months of relentless rain during the winter, but now, after a very nice start of the summer it is already dry here, with very little rain for 3 months. We need rain too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what beautiful sunsets. Where I live the trees are always blocking them to take pictures but some nights the trees look like they are on fire. I am glad you are getting rain you need.Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You live in a beautiful place! And your photos are fabulous. I know what you mean about worrying about the severe weather, but wanting the rain at the same time. I hope you get more gentle rains. I know it can be awful to have extreme heat with no rain--that happened for us during June, July, and part of August in 2012. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely sky shots! Hope you get just the right amount of rain.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments inspire me to post more, and our conversations make life and gardening more meaningful.

However, Anonymous comments and personal back links give me problems, so i don't publish them. Anonymous + back links = SPAM = DELETE

Related Posts with Thumbnails